Well, after a rather eventful day, the Minion was taken back to her little procedure about 12:30 or so. She made it through with flying colors, though she did have a heart rate drop at one point that raised a few eyebrows.
It may be because her heart is an all-star athlete. Resting heart rate of 40-something. That's at least the theory I'm working with right now (with all my medical knowledge).
She has recovered and done reasonably well tonight. They have her hooked up to wires galore and that means no distractions of walking down the hallway. I hope we can remedy that tomorrow morning.
She is left with one more tube, making a total of three now. This one should come out Monday. Her chest tube output is still pretty significant. So, we keep holding on that.
But I like her fight. I like her spirited responses at times. I like her spunk.
And I really like that God's got this.
1. No post-surgical complications and we'll be able to move toward where we were a few days ago.
2. Her heart will continue to recover and do what it's supposed to do.
3. She'll be able to find rest in the middle of all the wires, beeps, blurps, and so forth.
4. God will open doors for ministry and conversation here. No wasted opportunities.
5. Her story will make a difference.
6. Blessings on so many who have blessed us. We are loved.