Family Matters to Jesus
Jesus is much more concerned with what God says is right than what man can get away with.
- Throughout the Bible, God relates to His people in covenant.
- This relational covenant has seasons and its ups and downs.
- Covenant is designed to be unbreakable (v.6, 9-11).
- In marriage, my covenant is not only with my spouse, but also with God.
- This commitment is not like other earthly commitments that tend to be bound by time and resources.
- It is necessary to break of parental bonds to form a new family unit.
- You must make a practice of cleaving first, foremost, finally to your spouse.
- Remember that this is a commitment to God and spouse.
- Heaven is a real place.
- God uses trials for our spiritual growth.
- You can’t fix it all.
- You don’t know what the future holds.
- It is in this covenant that intimacy flourishes.
- Apart from this security, intimacy tends to wither.
- Intimacy is not less than the physical union, but it is more.
- You have a covenant with your children that was established by God when He gave them to you.
- Kids come into this home and are blessed.
- Our part: lead them to Jesus in example, teaching, shepherding, and blessing.