Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NT75 Day 30: 1 Corinthians 5-7

What a gross passage.  Did you feel like you needed to take a shower after reading this?  Immorality abounds.  Division is all over the place.  Believers are suing believers without consulting the church first.  People are perverting married sexuality in ways that are destructive and inviting to temptation.

Right in the middle of it all:  you are not your own, you were bought with a price (1 Cor. 6.19-20).  The Gospel.  Right there.  Beauty in the midst of ugliness.  Hope in the midst of frustration.  A reminder in the midst of forgetting (and living like it was long-forgotten).  Gospel.

And that reminds me today that no matter where I am in the world, where I am spiritually, where I am maritally or relationally, I need the Gospel to be right in the middle of my life.  And so do you.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment