Thursday, October 28, 2010

NT75 Day 46: Mark 14-16

The beautiful things done to and for Christ will outlast those who do them.

The story in Mark 14 makes me uncomfortable, frankly.  I'm not sure it didn't make others uncomfortable too.  There's Jesus and a woman with perfume.  Yikes.  It's extravagant and lavish and gaudy and unashamed and aromatic.  I wonder how often those words describe my relationship to Christ.

And then the objections roll in.  Jesus isn't worried about any of them.  In fact, He contradicts them.  You'll have the poor always.  The extravagant is not a waste when spent on Christ (not church buildings or programs, but on Him).

The predictive promise rings loud too:  wherever the Gospel is preached, this story of worship will be recounted too.  The beautiful thing lasts and lasts.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment