Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Morning Update and Prayer Requests

My wife has posted a quick update here:  The Queen's Blog.

Overnight has been a very full-throated, "Meh..." (to get the full effect, say it, shrug your shoulders, and raise one eyebrow, all at the same time - it'll give you the emotion I'm trying to communicate.  What's awesome is some of you just tried that and a few more reread it two times to make sure you were getting it all down at once).

The Minion has an IV in her right leg that is apparently hurting some when medicine comes through. Medicine comes through regularly.  You get the idea.  We are trying to move all medicinal fluids through her left leg but run the risk of it getting swollen again, reversing course on her slow recovery usage, and in general not going forward.

But she's sleeping right now.  She actually looks like herself right now.

But other times, her little face scrunches and a frown creases those precious lips and tears fall.  It is heart-breaking.

But her numbers are all pretty good.  I'm looking at the monitor right now, a skill I have regretfully developed, and the inter-cranial pressure is below 5, which is normal for you and me and good for those who have had "brain insults" (hello, least favorite term ever).

So..."Meh."

Prayer Requests:

1.  Pressure stays low.  Brain recovers.  No new "insults," bleeds, seizures, or anything else that's bad.

2.  Her blood chemistry would stay where it needs to be.  Sodium, in particular, needs to be close to or above 140.

3.  Our kids would have a great time at our church's VBS this week.  It's not lost on us that the world is continuing without us.  But I am praying for our kids and our church and this week.

4.  That her story would impact lives.  We've already heard of a few.  It would be like our Father and Defender of Orphans to redeem so much pain with so much transformation in others' lives.


I'm ready to do this again...


By the way, that's the Forge "Esse Quam Videri" shirt I mentioned yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Trent, I know that we don't know each other, I'm a member of your friend Steve Graves new church.

    I also know how hard it is to see our children suffer. This being said, I am praising God for the insult on Sat. Yes, I have seen my child have seizures- so I don't say this lightly. Because of Saturdays events,the drs. Discovered a source of pressure and relieved it. What may seem like a setback may have been a blessing.

    I want to share this verse with you today and claim it for your family.
    "Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” {Nehemiah 8:10}
    I claim the joy of The Lord for your family. May you feel the comfort, peace, and joy of The Lord in the coming days. Thank you for your updates, we continue to pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete