Prepare the Way
John’s Ministry: Preparation
- John prepared people for God to move among them.
- John prepared people for the fulfillment of God’s faithfulness.
- His message had a symbol: baptism.
- His message drew a crowd.
- His message was rooted in God’s activity.
What is repentance?
- Metanoia – rethink your thinking.
- Changing thinking leads to changed actions and life (1 Thes. 1.9).
Who is God? He is not who we think He is.
- He’s not a wishing well.
- He’s not my excuse for what happens to me.
- He’s not irrelevant.
Who is God? He is who He says He is.
- He is mighty and worthy, but not for reasons we might assume.
- He is Son of God and Christ, the King who is our Savior.
What does God want?
- He wants to immerse us in His Spirit.
- This is not primarily about manifestation.
- This is primarily about transformation (Luke 3.10-14).