Monday, April 12, 2010

Midweek Memo 4.13.10


Dear Rescued Ones,

One of the great moments for me on Sunday was watching families approach the Communion Table together, pause, pray, and partake.  So much is symbolized there.  A big piece of that for me was the reminder that Jesus is enough. 

I don’t know what’s going to happen after Thursday with the mix of politics in a swing state, budget issues, and directional questions.  I don’t know what impact it will have.  I don’t know what Congress will choose to do, want to do, or prove incapable of doing.  I don’t know how many jobs it will cost.  I don’t know how it will affect the Houston economy.  I don’t know how house values will be impacted.  There’s a lot I don’t know.

This I do know:  Jesus is enough.  On the basis of His sacrifice of body and blood, we stand rightly related to God.  And He’s enough for the rest of life too.  If God didn’t spare His own Son, He will surely give us all good things (Rom. 8.32).

Trusting with you,
Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment