Monday, April 26, 2010

Ministry and the Kingdom

When you minister in Jesus' name, you can expect the resources of His Kingdom to be readily available for ministry.

When Jesus' came preaching, the words out of His mouth sound slightly strange to us, I suppose.  "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand."  Repent - turn from your own way to God's way; rethink your thinking in light of what I'm about to tell you.  Kingdom at hand - it's available right now, not in the sweet by and by or then and there.

That means that wherever Jesus the King is, the Kingdom is available.  For those who turn to Him in faith, everything the Kingdom offers (forgiveness, peace, deliverance, healing) is at hand as well.  That means I don't have to marshal my resources for ministry, I can rely on Jesus and His provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment