Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Funny Little Story

To spare all 4 of you who read this from dying of devotional overload, I include the following story.  I recognize that sometimes saying something worthwhile means levity in the right moment.

I was talking to some students in our church today that were laughing about almost getting arrested last night.  Why?  Because one of the boys wanted to ask a girl to prom by shoe-polishing the big question on her car.  The only problem:  the neighborhood had experienced some vehicle burglaries lately and the neighbors (along with the cops) were particularly vigilant.  Some shouting, some running, and some explaining made it all okay.

That reminded me of the night before I graduated from high school.  My friends David and Kyle and I found out that a big group of gals were slumbering at someone's house.  So we decided to visit, armed with an obscene amount of toilet paper, plastic forks, shoe polish, vaseline, and probably some other things I'm forgetting.  All went well until headlights sent us scurrying like roaches when you turn the light on.  And the headlights weren't all:  there were strange red and blue lights flashing as well.  When addressed by one of Huntsville's finest, we found out it was one of the guys who was our senior when we were freshmen.  Whew.

He even let us video ourselves in the back seat of the police cruiser.  I'm confident when I run for President that video will surface on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment