Wednesday, April 28, 2010

God-Sized

God doesn't fit into my world or my life, I fit into His.

Solomon prayed when he dedicated the temple he had built for God, the I AM.  As he did, he made sure that the grandness and greatness of God were in perspective.  Even though there was an elaborate temple with precious metals everywhere, would God the I AM really live on the earth?  Could a temple really hold Him?  Could a building be His home?

There are times, it seems, when we forget the grandness and greatness, assuming that God is going to fit into our world or into our lives.  Instead, we need to remember that the world exists in Him, that it's in Him we live and move and have our being.  It's in Him that we have life.  We mold ourselves to Him, not vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment