Message with Authority
2 Big Pieces
- Jesus calls us to Himself.
- Jesus calls us to Transformation.
- Jesus calls us to Community.
- Jesus calls us to Mission.
- He declares and manifests the Kingdom of God.
- He teaches as a person who speaks for God, not merely about Him.
- He exercises authority over demons on behalf of the helpless.
- He ministers compassion by healing the sick.
- If the message isn’t big enough to catch people up, then it’s not the Gospel.
- Gospel: Christ’s righteousness for our forgiveness, peace, deliverance and healing through His death and resurrection.
- There is inherent authority in the message of the Kingdom of Jesus.
Expecting the (Un)expected
- As it was with Jesus, so it was with His followers (Mark 6.12-13).
- We don’t because we’re scared to fail. Jesus makes failure survivable and viable.
- We don’t because we have little or no faith.
- We don’t because we’re not sure He works that way today.
First Things First
- The point isn’t manifestation – it is declaration and salvation.
- The point is to declare the Kingdom and have people enter the Kingdom through confidence in Jesus.
- Part of the danger of signs and wonders is that it doesn’t take a regenerate heart to be amazed at them.