Monday, October 1, 2012

A singing salvation


I waited patiently for the LORD; He inclined to me and heard my cry.  He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.  He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD. (Psalm 40.1-3)

I spoke about this yesterday, but I'd like to reiterate it here.  For those in whom salvation has taken root, who have experienced the pit-defying rescue and the solidity of the Rock underfoot, singing is a natural result.

It's not the only result.  It, like other fruit from the True Vine, can be fabricated, faked, feigned.  But those who have been delivered do have a song in their mouth, a song of praise to their rescuing, delivering, security-ensuring God.

So how about you.  What song are you singing?

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment