Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's like...

The kids, especially the boys, have imaginations.  Think about your favorite sci-fi show running into your favorite crime drama set in the context of Indiana Jones with a sprinkle of Disney's Austin and Ally on top.  Those kinds of imaginations.

And when they get started, they say, "It's like..."  And then the hilarity begins.  For me, the stories aren't all that funny.  But the kids laughing at themselves, even to the point of not being able to say what they want to say, is what is funny.

And for some reason the Holy Spirit prodded me last time I was thinking about that.  There are some things I don't believe (a la the smoke machine malfunctioning and causing the cave to catch fire where the horses were eating their cupcakes) that I need to believe.  And He whispered a few...

It's like a quenching, drenching, and powerful waterfall of love, poured out on you (Rom. 5.5).

It's like a well that's inside of you that not only gives you life but those around you too (John 7.39).

It's like fishing, casting a broad net, seeing what gets caught up in something larger than itself - except for men (Matt. 4.19).

It's like when I take a step, He takes a step and we get closer, though somehow He's already closer than I could imagine (James 4.8).

Yep.

It's like that.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment