Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How my wireless carrier is like my church

I just got off the phone with Kiesha, from AT&T.  It was a frustrating reason to call, but it was resolved and is taken care of now.

As we're hanging up, Kiesha from AT&T says, "Thank you for being the best part of AT&T.  Have a great day."

It stuck with me because, whether or not AT&T believes it, that is a true statement.  Customers are the best part of AT&T.

And then I thought about our church.  We have members, not customers - that's true.  But they are the best part about our church.  Even in my prayer time this morning for our church family, I was thanking God for the people He had brought along and asking Him to do things in their lives that were God-sized and explainable only by His authority and Presence.  And part of the reason I ask that consistently is because we're not a cool organization, we don't have a cool building, I'm not a magnetic personality.  There's nothing, from the human side, that would necessarily commend us to anyone.  But our people are awesome.  Our consistent growth has come from our people inviting people and not from any cool program or ministry.

Our people really are the best part about our church.  That's not a line from a customer service script.  It's the reality of God at work.  I hope that's said about your church too.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment