Thursday, October 25, 2012

I love doctrine, but I love Jesus more

I love doctrine.  I love studying it, talking about it, and living it.  But I love Jesus more.  What I mean by that is if you disagree with me about something doctrinally, there are some things that are more important than that disagreement.  That's not to say that doctrine isn't important nor that some doctrines are worth breaking fellowship over.

But some aren't.

And so rather than talk about the order of how God saves people, why not tell people about how God will save them if they'll turn to Him?  Rather than fuss about the validity of the gifts of the Spirit, why not show someone in need some mercy?  Rather than talk about how wives submit and husbands lead in the home, why not just get on loving a wife as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her?

I love doctrine.  But I love Jesus more.  And if the doctrine we hold isn't expressed in our daily lives, why hold it anyway?  The whole point is to live and love differently, not just think differently.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment