Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sermon Notes from Sunday, 9.30.12

Here are the sermon notes from Sunday, 9.30.12, from the series Clarity.  You can find these notes in PDF and the sermon audio at sermons.heritagepark.org.  You can also download the audio via our podcast on iTunes.


Clarity
Part 4 – Worship:  How
John 4.22-24


Matthew 28.18-20:  rationale for all we do, resources we draw from

Worship is our response to God, giving Him our allegiance, affection, and action.


True Worship happens in a relationship with God.
  • We are sought and saved to worship Him.
  • The Gospel leads us into relationship with God.


True Worship happens in Spirit and Truth

Truth
  •  I say true things about God
  •  I say true things to God


Spirit
  • I delight in His passion for me.
  • I express the passion in me for Him


Outcomes
  • Singing
  • Bodily Response


Questions

1.  What if I don’t like to sing, don’t like the music, etc.?

2.  What if I’m not all that passionate about Him?

3.  What if I don’t feel like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment