Part 2 – Our Neighbors
Matthew 28.18-20: rationale for all we do, resources we draw from
What’s the Message?
- Jesus Christ died for sin and rose again.
What’s the Call?
- To follow Jesus.
Priority – “first”
- When Jesus is priority in our lives, His priorities are ours.
- Neighbors are a priority because they are His priority.
- Our priorities are reflected in our activity, its timing, and its consistency.
Pursuit – “found”
- Staying in Jesus’ presence means going with Him in the pursuit of others.
- Doubts are not landmines – they are opportunities.
o Jesus is not afraid of your doubt or theirs.
o The more we follow, the more we know.
Open your eyes.
- When does a person feel connected?
o When someone knows their name.
o When they know someone’s name.
o When they have a shared experience.
Don’t be a jerk!
Have a routine.
Throw a party.
Pray like God is for real.