I Love My Church Family
What makes us Church?
- Recognition of and response to the uniqueness of God and His claims.
- His primary claim: love Him with everything.
Isn’t that narcissistic?
- He loved us first, inciting and inviting our love in return (1 John 4.19).
What does that mean?
- It’s not a religious exercise (v.32-33).
- Nothing in our personality remains untouched by Him (2 Cor. 5.14-15).
How do we do that?
- Recognize and respond to the love that God has given us in Christ (1 John 4.10, 16).
What makes us Family?
- In the same way we go “all-in” with God, we also love each other.
- When we love our neighbor with this kind of love, we love God.
- When we love our neighbor with this kind of love, we become the tangible expression of God’s love to them.