Friday, February 11, 2011

Grade-Level Leadership

It's Friday, warming up outside, and a half-day in school for my oldest.  Good day.

I had a great conversation one time with someone about leadership.  He recited a quote he was given which I'll pass along because I remember it many years later.

A-level leaders hire A-level players.  B-level leaders hire C-level players.

I like the insight there.  High-octane leaders generally aren't threatened by their own kind, precisely because they're high-octane and have plenty to do and want others around them who can help them get it done.  Those of less octane bring less-than folks onto their team.  Maybe because it's they don't want to feel threatened.  Maybe they just don't know any better.

It's true in homes, schools, churches, businesses, and every other place you can think that leadership happens.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment