Friday, February 18, 2011

Introducing: Snakes are scary, but so is this...

I don't like snakes.  I don't like them behind glass at a zoo.  I don't like them on display anywhere.  I like them dead.  That's just me.


I think my anti-love for snakes comes from being at my grandpa's house one day, stepping out in the woods that were next to his house to do what little boys do in the woods when they've had too much RC Cola to drink, and, in the middle of delivery, find a coral snake about 6 inches from my feet.  Were I not already in process, it would've scared it out of me and I would've had to explain how a 6-year old wet his pants.


I don't like snakes.  They scare me.  


So I get sent a lot of stuff in the email inbox.  Most of it promises me that Bill Gates says that if I forward the email to 12 people that 7 times the blessing will come back to me because I promise that I love Jesus more than everyone else and I'm proving it by forwarding the email because email forwarding is the primary love language of Jesus.


But I digress.


Some stuff shows up in my inbox and it's scary.  Some people mean it as a joke.  Some mean it seriously.  Either way, it's scary.  So in honor of these scary inbox occupants, I am starting a series called Snakes are scary but so is this.  I'll probably blog on one a week.  For some I'll provide commentary.  Some speak for themselves.  Are you ready to be frightened?





Lord?  King?  Savior?  Shepherd?  Door?  Way?  Truth?  Life?  Teacher?  Bread of Life?  Living Water?  Crucified?  Resurrected?  Intercessor?  Conquerer?  Creator?  Judge?  

Nope.  

Valentine.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment