Thursday, February 3, 2011

Man, it's COLD

For living in Houston, it's cold.  So we're inside playing Wii and picking up the house between games (or trying to).  That has absolutely nothing to do with the blog today, but I thought I'd just say it.  It's COLD.

So we've done some things to protect the house.  We wrapped the water spigots outside.  We bring the dog into the garage.  I left a faucet dripping last night just in case.  We've also closed the church office for tomorrow in light of the projected rain/sleet/snow/ice.  It all makes sense, right?

In light of where I live and what's going on around me, I'm taking appropriate steps to protect myself and my family.

Spiritually, we live on a battlefield.  There is a war going on around us.  The forecast is brutal:  temptations and trials, testings and traps.  So what are you doing to protect yourself and your family?

Do you share your passwords with your spouse?

Do you call when you're on the way home?

Do you set aside a date night?

Do you make sure you're not alone with a non-family member of the opposite sex?

Do you pursue your spouse?

Do you have accountability software on your computer?

Do you pray and spend time in the Scriptures daily?


Think about this question:  if your life depended on it, what would you do?  Your spiritual life does.  So go do it.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment