Here are the sermon notes from Sunday, 8.29. We looked at the passage where Jesus heals the deaf and mute man. The part I couldn't get over in the text is God the Son sighing. I wonder what that sounded like. You can find sermon audio and these notes in PDF format at sermons.heritagepark.org. May we live with the courage like this world "ain't what it oughta be." Amen.
God Sighs (Pt. 1)
- Nothing about this man deserved Jesus’ ministry.
- There is nothing he offers Jesus that deserved His attention.
- He deals with us personally and we must deal with Him the same way.
- Dealing personally does not mean dealing privately.
- We are never alone in our life.
- His presence brings comfort.
- His presence brings help.
- His presence brings a sense of “ought.”
- Jesus told them not to tell because He didn’t want people to get the wrong idea of Messiah.
- It is the normal response to God’s work in our lives to speak of it to others.