Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sleeping upside down

I'm not feeling well today (aka, I'm sick, and thus the late start on the blog entry today).  It started last night or late afternoon.  The Queen, Bear, and Peanut were on their way back from Dallas.  I was in charge of bringing the Ninja home from AWANA. As a side note, I hope none of you AWANA types are feeling ill.  I came home and basically went straight into a Nyquil-infused sleep.

I slept on the trundle bed in our guest room as not to infect any of the rest of the family.  Somewhere in the middle of the night, I rolled over on the trundle and it gave way.  Technically, only half of it gave way.  My head was suddenly about 18 inches below my feet.  An interesting way to wake up at o-dark-thirty.

After a little wrangling, all was well.  But it scared the willies out of me.

I'm sure there's a great illustration in there somewhere.  But I'm honestly not in the frame of mind to mull it over enough to figure it out.  But I can offer this today...

Sometimes, things get topsy turvy in our worlds.  Phone calls.  Medical reports.  Pink slips.  Arguments.  Frustrations.  Whatever it may be, it can go crazy and get there quickly.

It may take some wrangling.  It may take turning on a light and thinking about what just happened even though it's in the dead of night.  It may take some outside help.

But here's the thing:  Jesus is in the business of changing lives.  Even upside down ones.  So talk to Him about it.  Do what He says is best.  And see what happens after that.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment