Three Pairs of Shoes
A Series on Spiritual Growth
Part 1 - Scripture
2 Timothy 3.16-17
The goal: the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Eph. 4.13)
The Scripture Carries the Weight of God’s Agenda (v.16)
- It is inspired in that it is breathed out by God.
- It is revelation, not just information.
- Our response: intake.
The Scripture Carries the Goodness of God’s Agenda (v.16)
- Teaching and Training in Righteousness show us the way to go.
- Reproving and Rebuking show us when we’ve erred.
- Our response: obedience.
The Scripture Carries the Power of God’s Agenda (v.17)
- Through consistent intake of and obedience to His Word, we are transformed.
- Example: killing the power of sin by a better promise from God (2 Peter 1.3-4).
- Our response: believe.