Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Entitlement - even more thoughts...

An entitlement is something I feel I have the right to but have no investment in.

Maybe you're like me.  Maybe you're much better than me.  But the truth is sometimes I feel entitled to everything being easy.

Green lights.
Light traffic.
Front-row parking spaces.
No lines at the check-out.
Peanut butter, jelly, and bread on the same grocery aisle.

And those are just from the other day.  How about these?

Marriage.  It's just not.  Two self-oriented people get together and live in close proximity while committing together.  Some days are great.  Some days are a struggle.  But it's not easy.

Kids.  They need a drink in the middle of the night and instillation of character for a few decades.  Piece of cake, right?

Adopting.  We did it.  It was great.  But it wasn't easy.  I have written a few blogs to detail my thoughts previously on here.

Health.  Eating right.  Working out.  Physicals.  Blood work.  Colonoscopies.  Enough said.

But as you've heard before:  everything worthwhile is a struggle to obtain.  There's something about the joy ahead that keeps you going in and even leads you into the pain now.

Wait a second.  I've heard this before.

"...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the JOY SET BEFORE HIM ENDURED THE CROSS, despising it's shame..." (Hebrews 12.2).

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment