Serve Like Jesus
Part 3 – Serve Freely
- Works of Religion – doing our best to earn God’s respect.
- Rituals of Religion – doing what we’re told by someone with expertise.
- Curse of the Law – obtaining to a standard we can never reach.
- Guilt – standing on the wrong side of judgment.
- Christ didn’t purchase our freedom so we can live like slaves to sin.
- Christ purchased our freedom so we can fulfill His law of love.
Common Biting and Devouring
- Creating problems where there are none.
- Fighting with people instead of focusing on issues.
- Envying another’s success.
- Doing something to draw a reaction.
- Refusing to fight the feeling of entitlement.
- Identifying a problem without suggesting how to solve it.
- Talk about people before talking to them.
- Dismissing those we consider less mature.