Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Funeral Planning via Telephone

I had 15 minutes on the phone last night with a sweet lady who was attempting to plan her funeral with me.  On the phone.  It's not my normal M.O. to plan funerals on the phone, especially to the person whose funeral it will be.  So we made plans to visit later (in person) and work on things then.

But it got me thinking about planning a funeral.  Unless Jesus tarries, I will have a funeral one day too.  I may or may not get to plan it.  But whether I do or not, there will be some things said about me.  What will those be?  They will be reflective of the kind of person I was and the kind of life I lived.  And that brought me back to a few lines from C.T. Studd, a missionary...
We've only one life
It soon will be past
Only what's done
For Christ will last
Will there be much that lasts?  Will there be much to say?  I have one life to live, one that preaches my funeral before I get there.  You too.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment