Part 1 – A Man, A Woman, A Marriage
- Marriage was God’s idea from the beginning and remains His idea today.
- Marriage is defined by God as one man and one woman for one lifetime.
- God gives the man responsibilities: providing, protecting, pastoring (v.15-‐ 17).
- God creates the woman with a role: complement (v.18-‐23).
- Roles as designed by God and functions as life happens are not the same.
- God’s plan for marriage: 1+1=1.
- Healthy, strong marriages aren’t the result of drift but intentional practices and habits.
- God gives us two we must continually practice: leaving and cleaving.
- Freedom is experienced in the covenant context.
- God uses this context to make us holy.
- God has nothing against your happiness, but He’s after your holiness.