Monday, June 25, 2012

No longer living

Paul said in Galatians 2.20:
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me.  And the life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Those are powerful words.  Jesus Christ, the King of the Universe who has all authority and power, lives in me by His Spirit.  He has loved me, demonstrated in the giving of His life as a ransom for mine and my sin.  It's not a matter of Him tolerating me - He loves me.

And the life I live now with Jesus is by the same faith that I exercised when I began to live with Jesus.  It's the same faith.  The same action.  The same exercise.

Some people live under the assumption that I meet Jesus by faith but live with Him by works.  One of the major points in Galatians is that assumption simply isn't true.  I begin by faith and I continue by faith.  I am saved by faith and sanctified by faith.

That's good news, because it keeps me off the religious treadmill where I wear myself out and go nowhere.  Instead, by faith I make progress in genuine holiness.  I really can be transformed.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment