Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recalibrating my frustration

I sat with the lady that I mentioned yesterday at her current address.  It was inspiring.

Inspiring.

She talked about her sickness and impending death as an object in the road.  She said, "I could scream at God for creating an object, I could yell at Him for placing it in the road.  But instead, I just try to talk to Him about how I'm going to get by it."

Are you kidding me?

She went on to say in her strongest moments she has the faith to say that.  In her weaker moments she struggles with the pain.  But she said through it all she's never alone.

I have some struggles and frustrations in my life right now.  But, man, what a gift was that conversation yesterday.  I walked away with the kind of perspective that minimizes my piddly and pathetic "struggles and frustrations" (which I feel silly even typing) and exalts what's really important:  faith, perseverance, family, church, character, etc.

Sometimes a recalibration comes from talking about final things.  And it's a gift when it does.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment