Part 2 – Love as Jesus does
- Loving proves we are disciples but does not make us disciples.
- We will find ourselves redefining love or refusing to love those He loved.
- The love we give one another has its source in Jesus’ love for us.
- Jesus didn’t lay aside His identity to serve but expressed it.
- The loving service He gave was not clean, comfortable, or convenient.
- He served the unfaithful (v.2).
- He served the undeserving (v.5).
- He served the unwilling (v.6-9).
- We are to do exactly the same (v.15).
- Our service can be a bridge to belief (v.20).
- We cannot substitute, but we can sacrifice our lives for the good of others.
- This kind of sacrifice is about God’s glory, not desired outcomes.