Part 4 – Commit to what Jesus Demands
- For every time he denied Jesus, Peter was reconciled to Him.
- Jesus’ goal was returning Peter to a passionate relationship.
- God’s faithfulness in forgiveness is never in question. (1 John 1.9)
But His questions about love weren’t only about reconciliation. They were also about obedience.
- Built into Jesus’ question about love is His question of allegiance.
- He is not asking to be a priority in your life; He’s demanding to be the priority of your life.
- Areas to examine: unconquered relationships, ambition, and possessions.
- Two tests of priority:
o If you knew it wouldn’t end well for you, would you still go?
o If you were all alone, would you still obey?
His call never changes: follow Me.