Monday, May 7, 2012

Praying Knees

In the midst of moving back into our house after almost moving out of it but not selling it and therefore staying in it so moving back into it, we have a few projects going on around our place to make more storage and some rearranging happen.

One of those projects in which I am currently engaged is the assembly of some furniture upstairs, specifically some wardrobes and bookcases that will take care of storage needs upstairs.  Easy enough, right?  Yes.  Easy enough.

But I woke up Saturday morning after a Friday of assembly with sore knees.  It was then I realized that it was because I was on my knees most of the morning doing the assembly work.  No knee pads are needed, because I'm on carpet, right?

Well, I was still sore.

And once I got some coffee and Bible in me on Saturday, the Spirit spoke clear as a bell:  what if I had knees that sore from praying?

It wasn't one of those guilt trip, lay it on thick kind of moments.  It was a reality check.  We, as a church staff, have been reading E.M. Bounds' classic Power through Prayer.  It's been challenging all of us.  The Spirit was more challenging - even encouraging.  And what if my knees were really that sore from the time I spent in prayer?

My guess is my world would be different.  So, Lord Jesus, make me into that kind of praying man.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment