- The beauty of the fig tree and the Temple hid their fruitlessness.
- This sin promotes dishonesty.
- This sin promotes spiritual distance.
- My trust is misplaced because appearances are kept up.
- Jesus responded to the individual oppression and theft.
- Jesus also responded to the systemic oppression.
- My trust is misplaced because prosperity breeds a sense of security.
God hated this and still does (Jeremiah 7.1-15).
- This authority comes from God through our confidence in Him.
- His authority allows us to participate in setting things right in this world.
- Our primary means of exercising His authority is prayer.
- Righteousness always works its way out in our relationships with others.
- By it we practice true religion before God (James 1.27).