Part 2 – When a Prophet Gets the Blues
1 Kings 19.1-8
- He was exhausted physically (18.42, 46)
- He was exhausted emotionally (19.2)
- He was under spiritual attack
- He was exhausted spiritually
- When such a powerful event happens, there’s often an accompanying and equally as powerful energy shift
- He is relationally depleted (v.3)
- He is emotionally depleted (v.4)
- He is spiritually depleted (v.4)
- He is physically depleted (v.5)
When you’re in this place, how do you respond?
- Know you’re not alone.
- Know you’re not abnormal.
- Look to God for help
o God gives His Presence
o God gives Provision
o God gives Purpose – a reason to live
What do you need most?
- Do you need a long nap?
- Do you need a good meal?
- Do you need a reason to get up?