Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mirror Mirror, on the wall...

Please help me to see myself, lest I fall.

Ever had that thought?  I'm grateful for mirrors that help me see things in my life that I couldn't or wouldn't see otherwise.  A piece of lettuce on the tooth?  Mirror speaks up.  Cut myself shaving?  Mirror communicates.  Too many desserts?  Even if I did know that, mirror confirms it.

And there's more to it than that, isn't there?

Because I don't know about you, but I have the capacity to say one thing and do another without it ever entering my mind that it's probably not wise or good.  I can offer a piece of advice to someone else and then not heed my own advice.  I can also remain blind to foibles and fumbles in my own life without realizing their existence or effects.

You're probably not that way.  But I am.

So I need mirrors.  I need time in the Word that reflects God's standard to me and pierces me when I don't measure up.  I need solid relationships with those closest to me that help me see things I don't see. Those are two great mirrors that are kind enough to me to tell me the Truth.

And although I may not like what I see, it's better than not seeing at all.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment