Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tree of Life Day 53: Mark 5-9

A little late in posting today due to some of our medical stuff.  Thanks for letting me presume upon your understanding.

I love what Jesus told the Gerasene demoniac in Mark 5.
Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he had mercy on you (v.19).
I love that because of two things:

It's a constant reminder of how much the Lord has had mercy on me.  If I'm consistently telling the story of God's mercy in my life, it's a reminder that I am a recipient of mercy and not an earner of favor.

It's also an invitation, even a command, to glorify God through the story of mercy that you get to share.  If God has indeed had mercy on us, why wouldn't we tell of this to everyone?  Why wouldn't we tell of how He has taken sick, selfish, self-destructive people and made them whole and holy?  Of course we would!

No comments:

Post a Comment