Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tree of Life Day 32: Micah 5-7

There's a verse in Micah 7 that I just can't let go of - or it won't let go of me.

"I will bear the indignation of the LORD because I have sinned against Him..." (v.9)  I get that part.  Boy do I get it.  All to familiar with my sinning against Him.

"...until He pleads my cause and executes judgment for me.  He will bring me out to the light.  I shall look upon His vindication." (again, v.9).

You didn't miss it did you?  Did you see it in there?

I'm the one who is guilty.  But He pleads my case.  He does it.  God pleads my cause and executes judgment for me.  It's the Gospel!  Right there in Micah 7!  I'm guilty but God pleads my case and works justice so that I'm on the right side when it's all said and done.

I get brought into the light.  And God does it.

I look upon His vindication.  How will God vindicate me?  By paying for the sin that I have committed such that I owe Him nothing but everything all in the same moment.

So whether it's for the 1000th time or the 1st time, I can count on a faithful God to forgive my sin and cleanse me from unrighteousness.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment