Tree of Life
Part 5 – The Slow Death of a Nation
- Rejection of Yahweh for other gods
- Tolerance of wickedness
- Greed leads to oppression of the weak
- External religion instead of internal transformation
What is Happening?
- Solomon becomes king, exercises wisdom, builds the temple, and practices idolatry.
- The Kingdom of Israel fractures into two: Israel and Judah.
- Many kings come and go in both kingdoms, some good and others evil.
- The northern kingdom of Israel is conquered in 722 B.C. by the Assyrians.
- Throughout, God ensures a witness and a remnant.
What does it Mean?
God is faithful to a faithless people.
- Our call is to faithfulness.
- To do the right thing.
- To love people well.
- To honor God.