Here are the sermon notes from today's sermon on Philippians 2.19-30. To hear the sermon audio and get these notes in PDF, visit sermons.heritagepark.org. You can also find the sermon audio on iTunes via our podcast.
A Tale of Two Men
American Relational Ethos:
- I’ll pull myself up by my self without your help
- You must pull me up without my help
We need each other.
- Everyone mentioned needed someone mentioned.
- We need each other to become who God wants us to be.
- We need each other to accomplish what God wants done
We need vertical relationships.
- When older, vertical relationships give us purpose.
- When younger, vertical relationships give us inspiration.
We need horizontal relationships.
- People we share with and who share with us.
- People who will bear our burdens with us.
- People who bring us joy.