Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sermon Notes from Sunday, October 2nd


Here are the sermon notes from today's sermon on Philippians 2.19-30.  To hear the sermon audio and get these notes in PDF, visit sermons.heritagepark.org.  You can also find the sermon audio on iTunes via our podcast.


Philippians

A Tale of Two Men
Philippians 2.19-30

American Relational Ethos:
  • I’ll pull myself up by my self without your help
  • You must pull me up without my help

We need each other.
  • Everyone mentioned needed someone mentioned.
  • We need each other to become who God wants us to be.
  • We need each other to accomplish what God wants done

We need vertical relationships.
  • When older, vertical relationships give us purpose.
  • When younger, vertical relationships give us inspiration.

We need horizontal relationships.
  • People we share with and who share with us.
  • People who will bear our burdens with us.
  • People who bring us joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment