Part 9 – Pressing On
Pressing on (v.12-16)
- Pressing on means forgetting the good and bad behind you.
- Pressing on means fighting to know God.
- Pressing on means clarity of the goal: knowing God.
- Pressing on does not mean you don’t have questions.
- Pressing on does not mean you surrender in order to explore.
Walking Example (v.17)
- We receive instruction from those who walk as examples.
- We receive inspiration from those who walk as examples.
Enemies of the Cross (v.18-19)
- An enemy of the cross has destruction as their end.
- An enemy of the cross has their desires as their god.
- An enemy of the cross boasts about what they should blush about.
Heavenly Citizenship (3.20-4.1)
- We wait for our appearance of our Savior.
- We wait for the completion of our transformation.
- Until both happen, we stand firm.