Monday, October 24, 2011

Give a Little Thanks

Interestingly enough, I just finished up a conversation with my wife about promoting gratitude in one (or all!) of our kids.  It fits perfectly with what I wanted to say in today's entry.  To quote the theologian Hannibal Smith, "I love it when a plan comes together."

For my birthday, my wife conspired with our Associate Pastor, Finance Team, and Building & Grounds Team at church to surprise me by putting new floors in my office.  When I say "new floors," you need to understand that the old floors were blue industrial carpet that had been there for some time.  It's not that I couldn't live with them, they just weren't the most attractive thing ever.

So my wife pulled this off without my knowledge and after a few books given away and several more moved coupled with some hard work from my friends Philip and Carlos, I have new floors in my office.  They're beautiful laminate oak colored floors.  The Children's Minister even commented that now my office looks like a "big boy" office.  No kidding.  She said that.

Here:  you can be the judge...



And the blog entry today is a reminder to be grateful for the little things.  There are a ton of them in your life and mine that deserve our gratitude, from office floors to hot coffee to after-bath baby smell.  For all these things and so many more, give thanks to God.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment