Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do you define success?

How do you define success?

I was asked that question by a group of people in the past couple of weeks.  It's a good question to ask someone, don't you think?  It tells a lot about who they think they are and what they think is valuable.

What would you answer?

If you were in front of a group of people who asked, what would you say?  After you envisioned everyone in their underwear or employed your favorite other trick to make you not-so-nervous in front of people, what would you open your mouth and say?

I said, "Faithfulness."

In my most important relationships, it comes down to that.

Faithfulness to Jesus.

Faithfulness to my wife.

Faithfulness to my kids.

Faithfulness to my church.

Faithfulness to my calling.

As far as I can read it, it simply comes down to that.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment