A Different Kind of Reasonable
The Lord is near.
- This is great news for all sorts of people.
- The repetition is for emphasis – rejoice in every kind of circumstance.
- This is joy in the Lord – a joy that comes from knowing and walking with Christ, His own joy in us.
- In light of who God is and what He has done, we persevere under distress.
- “A humble, patient steadfastness, which is able to submit to injustice, disgrace and maltreatment without hatred or malice, trusting God in spite of it all.” ~ P. O’Brien
- The repetition is for emphasis – we talk to God about items of mutual concern.
- Thanksgiving helps keep perspective in our petitions.
- The kind of peace that comes is a byproduct of seeing His majesty and sharing His friendship.
- The kind of peace that comes does not reside in our understanding but our hearts.
- The kind of peace that comes protects our hearts and minds from anxiety.