Can’t We All Just Get Along?
What was happening?
- There was a disagreement between two women in the church.
- The disagreement was not a matter of sin but of preference.
Is it okay to disagree?
- Yes: over clear Godhead and Gospel issues.
- Yes: over clear ethical and moral issues.
- Yes: over preferences, as long as they don’t become distractions.
What was the big deal?
- The unity of the church was threatened.
- Preserving unity in the church obeys God’s command (Eph. 4.3).
- Preserving unity in the church brings God’s blessing (Ps. 133).
- Preserving unity in the church speaks to the world (John 17.20-23).
What was the solution?
- For someone spiritually mature to offer help.
- Remind them of their history.
- Remind them of their future.