Wednesday, July 20, 2011

An old old Bible...

My brother gave me a copy of an interlinear Bible yesterday that's old.  It's falling apart old.  It's cover-is-flaking old.

But I don't know how old because it's in German.

And Hebrew.

(Did I mention that the only 'C' I've made in my life was in Hebrew?)

But how old doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  It's old, but it's not as old as the Truth contained in it.  That Truth is so much older.

That Truth is as old as eternity because it proceeded from the Eternal One.

That Truth is forever established in the heavens (Ps. 119.89).

That Truth is unchanging, having withstood immense cultural, political, and economic swings.  And it will continue to survive immense cultural, political, and economics swings.  It's the Truth.  It doesn't change.

And that Truth is what sanctifies us (John 17.17) by the power of the Spirit of God.  We do not grow without it.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment