Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Post 450: Political Commentary? Are you kidding?

I started writing this before I realized it would be a milestone post like #450.  Sorry about that.  Sort of.

One of the ramifications of this political and economic battle that's brewing in our country right now that I have not heard a peep about is how it will affect missions.  I'm not saying it's the most important factor in figuring out how to pay the bills the country owes and how much we should owe and if we should owe more or less in the future.  I realize people are dependent on this stuff and I'm for our elected officials in Washington making a stinking decision that, for the good of the country, has little to do with their political careers.  Do something because it's right, people!

Anyway, if the dollar craters, like most people predict it will if we do not get this thing settled and sooner rather than later, it will affect missions.  Salaries will not go as far.  Expenses will be higher in USD.  Travel will be more expensive.  Resources will be less available.  Should I go on?

I'm a strong proponent of a strong USD for no other reason than that.  True, God's not limited by a weak USD.  But from my experience, the other way sure looks and works better.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment