Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Some meat to chew on"

This phrase came to me in an email from a friend.  He offered some feedback to me that has been both helpful and insightful.  Believe it or not, I actually don't get things right all the time or get the right things right all the way all the time.  I know, I know.  Shocking.

But this is why we need one another in the Christian life.  Like in my car, I have blind spots where I can't see what's happening.  That's dangerous enough when you're doing 70mph on the Gulf Freeway.  It's worse when you're headed through life toward eternity.  Even more so when you're trying to lead others who are headed through life toward eternity.

Some of the biggest controversy happening in evangelicalism in this moment is related to a man who wouldn't hear feedback, who wouldn't take and chew on the meat he'd been given.

Father, give us the humility to hear and ponder what you have for us, especially the things that come through others who love You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment