Peace – Romans 5.1
What does God give?
- Peace = wholeness (shalom)
Why does God give peace?
- Spiritual Fracture: with God.
- Relationship Fracture: with others.
- Nature Fracture: with the world around us.
How does He give peace?
- It is not by our earning peace.
- Our best, most perfect efforts would only balance the scales.
- Peace comes by righteousness that is ours by confidence in Jesus Christ.
Isn’t this Christmas?
- Jesus had to become fully human for us to be saved (Heb. 2.17).
- Gregory of Nazianzus: What is not assumed cannot be saved.
- The incarnation is essential to His saving work.