Wednesday, December 1, 2010

After such a crazy fall, I can tell you I'm ready for Christmas season.  One thing I'm noticing in my own heart after such a long couple of months is a tendency toward apathy.  I guess being tired can bring that kind of response.

Going to war for my own heart and joy includes hearing this morning from Solomon in the book of Proverbs.  "Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD, would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof, therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way and have their fill of their own devices.  For the simple are killed by their turning away and the complacency of fools destroys them" (Proverbs 1.29-32 ESV, emphasis mine).

Did you see what I saw?  Apathy (complacency in the text above) destroys.  Turning away from the Lord, even by not pursuing Him, means that same Lord will let us have what we want - the fruit of our ways, the fill of our own devices.  Romans 1 has a lot to say about that.

So this is an exhortation to me and you and everyone else:  stay in the fight.

Christ is worth it.  He's the greatest treasure anyone could find.  His passion for us is not waned by our passion for Him or lack thereof.  His love has not stopped flowing toward us freely and fully.

But that's just me thinking thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment